NewFood Competition Results – Food Valorization
The NewFood competition is a contest to select ideas for innovative projects in Traditional Food Products and to support their introduction to the market. The aim is to create Work Teams and develop Innovation Plans. The projects considered of higher quality will be awarded.
Within the FoodValorization contest these were the six Project Ideas selected:
– YoGut: a functional yogurt to prevent intestinal inflammation
– Innovative Traditional Pastry – Baking healthier choices
– Optimisation of the production of the freeze resistant yeast Torulaspora delbrueckii for application in the baking industry
– Recovery of acidic wines through reduction of their volatile acidity by the yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailli
– Food for the future – a natural, sustainable and nutraceutical in vitro grape berry cell-based food (NutrInVitroGrapeFood)
– Exploitation of Torulaspora delbrueckii winemaking strains: elucidation of genetic features underlying an improved aromatic wine bouquet.
This initiative is part of the NewFood – Food Technologies Valorization Project, funded by FEDER – Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional under Programa Operacional Regional do Norte – Norte2020 (NORTE-01-0246-FEDER-000043).